VLARIO is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization in Flanders (Belgium). VLARIO is the consulting platform and information and knowledge centre for Flemish sewerage professionals and has the following targets:
VLARIO is willing to participate and to cooperate in a European network based on the principles of supporting the making of the European water policy (especially as we are living in Flanders and are at home in Brussels).
- VLARIO offers an independent platform for experts of rainwater, wastewater and integral water management;
- VLARIO collects knowledge through continuous consultation and exchange of experience with all market players, national and international;
- VLARIO propagates this knowledge via publications and the organization of seminars, workshops, lectures and study groups;
- VLARIO supports the ambition of Flemish towns and cities in pursuing quality and applying the ‘Principles of integrated sewerage management”;
- VLARIO has 450 members, such as most of the Flemish towns and cities, regional authorities, Aquafin, consulting engineers, certification bodies, contractors and industrial companies.